Being the healthiest state in the country will require California’s health care system to be focused on health, not just illness, and become truly patient-centered. In redesigning the health system, we must include activities such as:
- Coordinating outpatient care in order to reach patients where they are, addressing their transportation needs and other health conditions,
- Honoring a person’s end of life choices in a culturally appropriate way,
- Providing adequate access to providers in the community.
Health care that supports health includes:
- Providing access to health insurance that rewards innovations like coordinated care,
- Providing health and health care for both mom and baby.