1. California Endowment. (2015, February). Community Safety: A Building Block for Community Health .
The Prevention Institute. From http://www.preventioninstitute.org/component/jlibrary/article/id-363/127.html
2. Prevention Institute . (2015, March). Safety in All Policies: Multi-Sector Actions for a Safer California
. Retrieved January 8, 2016, from: http://www.preventioninstitute.org/component/jlibrary/article/id-364/127.html
3. Center for Disease Control and Prevention . (August 2014). Connecting the Dots: An Overview of the Links among Multiple Forms of Violence. The Prevention Institute.
4. Michelle Liberman, S. Z. (2015). Safe Routes to School. Oakland, CA: Safe Routes to School National Partnership. From http://www.ncdsv.org/images/SafeStates_PreventingViolenceRolesForPublicHealthAgencies_10-2011.pdf
5. Prevention Institute. (2011, May). Fact Sheets: Links Between Violence and Chronic Diseases, Mental Illness and Poor Learning. Retrieved November 17, 2015, from http://www.preventioninstitute.org/component/jlibrary/article/id-363/127.html
6. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention . (2014, October 22). Injury Prevention & Control : Division of Violence Prevention . Retrieved January 8, 2016, from: http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/youthviolence/opportunities-for-action.html
7. Schweig, S. (2014, March). Healthy Communities May Make Safe Communities: Public Health Approaches to Violence Prevention. Retrieved January 8, 2016, from: http://nij.gov/journals/273/Pages/violence-prevention.aspx
8. Agency for Toxic Substances and Abuse Registry . (2015, June 25). Models and Frameworks for the Practice of Community Engagement. Retrieved January 16, 2016, from: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/communityengagement/pce_models.html
9. UNITY. (n.d.). Multi-Sector Collaboration. Retrieved January 8, 2016, from: http://www.preventioninstitute.org/unity-resources/multi-sector-collaboration.html
10. California Strategic Growth Council. (n.d.). California Health in All Polices Task Force. Retrieved December 11, 2015, from: http://www.sgc.ca.gov/s_abouthiaptaskforce.php
11. Prevention Institute. (2011, September). Fact Sheet: Links Between Violence and Health Equity. Retrieved November 17, 2015, from: http://www.preventioninstitute.org/component/jlibrary/article/id-311/127.html
12. Prevention Institute. (2010, May ). Addressing the Intersection: Preventing Violence and Promoting Healthy Eating and Active Living. Retrieved November 17, 2015, from: http://www.preventioninstitute.org/component/jlibrary/article/id-267/127.html
13. Office of Health Equity. (2015, August). Portrait of Promise: California Statewide Plan to Promote Health Equity and Mental Health Equity. California Department of Public Health.
14. Lieberman, M., & Zimmerman, S. (n.d.). Taking Back the Streets & Sidewalks. Retrieved December 11, 2015, from: http://saferoutespartnership.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Taking Back-the-Streets-and-Sidewalks.pdf