Change-makers in action
California has a strong track record of spurring innovation and improving health. Let’s Get Healthy California aims to engage and empower change makers who are working to achieve critically necessary changes to improve health for all Californians.
Increasing Breastfeeding Duration
If 90% of US families could comply with current medical guidelines to breastfeed exclusively for 6 months, the US could avoid about $18.5 billion per year in increased health care costs (2014 dollars). 1 [...]
Smart Care California Award
Smart Care California recognized 104 California hospitals with an award for achieving the national Healthy People 2020 goal for low-risk, first-birth Cesarian sections (C-sections).
What People Are Saying
Why Participate? Check out video messages from state and local leaders as they share their thoughts on the importance of the Innovation Challenge in addressing social determinants of health. We also encourage you to [...]
Social Determinants of Health
What Are Social Determinants of Health? The social determinants of health are the conditions in which we live, learn, work, and play.1 These conditions include a broad range of socioeconomic and environmental factors, such [...]
How can we provide access to nutritious food for the 5.4 million Californians who experience food insecurity?
Early Childhood Well-being
How can we promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments for healthy development?
Access to Services
How can we improve access to services that support health and enhance quality of life for Californians?
Community Cohesion and Violence Prevention
How can we create safe, connected, communities free of violence?
Access to Quality Care
How can all Californians achieve access to affordable, high-quality healthcare?
Filter Stories by Category
- Goals (78)
- Healthy Beginnings (23)
- Infant Mortality (9)
- Safe Births (1)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (3)
- Reducing Childhood Asthma (1)
- Reducing First-Birth Cesarian Birth Rate (3)
- Adolescent Fruit and Vegetable Consumption (1)
- Increasing Childhood Fitness (1)
- Adolescent Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption (1)
- Reducing Childhood Maltreatment (3)
- Increasing Vaccination Rates (3)
- Decreasing Frequency of Sad or Hopeless Feelings in Youth (1)
- Reducing Childhood Obesity (5)
- Increasing Early Reading Levels (3)
- Living Well (22)
- Reducing Adult Obesity (9)
- Healthy Diets (2)
- Increasing Fruit and Vegetable Consumption (2)
- Decreasing Diabetes Prevalence (1)
- Improving Overall Health Status (1)
- Reducing Adolescent Depression (3)
- Reducing Adult Depression (3)
- Increasing Adult Physical Activity (1)
- Adult Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption (2)
- End of Life (9)
- Redesigning the Health System (7)
- Creating Healthy Communities (20)
- Lowering the Cost of Care (7)
- Healthy Beginnings (23)
- Regions (3)
- Social Determinants of Health (7)
- Innovation (1)
- Together (12)
- Stories (5)
- Video and Podcast (11)
We Want To Hear Your Story
Want to move the dial on Let’s Get Healthy California? Share your impact story!